Immediate volunteer needs
The following are our most pressing volunteer needs:
- Support history education by volunteering for National History Day here. Additional information can be found here.
- Volunteers needed for our annual Circus Day on March 25th. Shifts will be four and a half hours starting at 9am and ending at 5:30pm. Volunteers are needed to run games, prize tables, concessions and craft booths. Anyone interested should email firstname.lastname@example.org
Be part of the Indiana Experience!
Our new experiences provide exciting volunteer opportunities for you.
INVestigation Station Facilitator
Investigation Stations take place during school and group tours. The facilitator will engage students and teachers in a guided activity about primary and secondary sources.
Group Visit Volunteer
This position is responsible for greeting visiting groups and introducing students to the new experiences at Indiana Historical Society. This position will accompany groups during their visit and lead groups from location to location.
*Indiana Experience volunteers should be able to work a weekly or biweekly four-hour shift.
Take a look at the Indiana Experience.
Be part of the fun!
Participate in special events, like Holiday Author Fair and Concerts on the Canal.
Special Events Volunteer
Greet guests, collect tickets or help with crafts and other activities at special events, workshops, lectures and performances.
Basile History Market
Lend at hand in the Basile History Market – no retail experience required.
*Special Events volunteers should be prepared to work at least three events per year.
Check out the Calendar for details on upcoming events.
Be part of history!
Love history? Give us some hands-on help.
Get up close and personal with Indiana history while helping with library projects, including processing items into the collections.
Assist conservation technicians in preserving and caring for the collections.
*Collections and Conservation volunteers work on a weekly or biweekly schedule.
Be part of the family!
We value our volunteers and consider them a part of the IHS family. To show our appreciation, your benefits include:
- Discount at the Stardust Terrace Café on days you work at the History Center
- 25% discount at Basile History Market
- Complimentary tickets to the events and programs you work
- Free parking
- Annual recognition at our volunteer appreciation event
- Celebration of National Volunteer Week
Long-term, short-term and on-call positions are available for volunteers 16 and older, and all abilities and interests are needed. For more information on volunteer opportunities or to help in another capacity, please complete a volunteer questionnaire.
If you have questions, please call (317) 234-7640 or e-mail email@example.com