Collections Care Site Visits
During a free one-day visit, participating sites receive in-depth, specialized training on collections care and fundraising for collections.
Organization-specific training may include:
- Basic handling and storage techniques
- Basic environmental concerns, building condition and maintenance
- Assessing the collection
- Using condition surveys to develop and implement a conservation plan
- Determining archival storage equipment and supply needs
- Using proper display conditions and techniques
- Preparing for fundraising
- Developing a collections policy
Each organization will receive a free starter kit of collections care training resources and materials (worth approximately $100).
Limited number of site visits available. They will be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.