The broader aim of the IHS Heritage Support Grants is for local history organizations to become stronger cultural assets, enabling the communities they serve to embrace the special stories that set them apart.
Through fundraising education, coaching assistance and panel participation, staff and volunteers of local history organizations will gain proficiency with fundraising and grant writing. Local History Services will offer a series of workshops to assist grant applicants. Attendance at workshops is not a prerequisite to apply, nor is being an IHS Local History Partner member.
Upcoming Training Opportunities – REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON
- Making Your Case for Support
March 7 – Vincennes
March 9 – Wabash
- Pitching Your Project
May 16 – Indianapolis
- Fundraising Basics
June 6 – Plainfield
June 8 – Valparaiso
Free Webinars – REGISTRATION WILL OPEN SOON
- Evaluating Your Outcomes – Feb. 9
- HSG Grant Overview I – Apr. 13
- HSG Grant Overview II – Apr. 20
- HSG Grant Overview III – Apr. 27
- General inquiries: Tamara Hemmerlein, (317) 234-0170 or email@example.com
- Workshop and training inquiries: Jamie Simek, (317) 234-9514 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online grant portal inquiries: Curt Barsic, (317) 234-7798 or email@example.com
Heritage Support Grants are provided by the Indiana Historical Society and made possible by Lilly Endowment Inc.