Applications will be reviewed by external grant panels comprised of history and museum professionals, as well as representatives from the IHS Local History Partners program.*
* Reviewing grants is often an effective way to learn what makes a good fundraising argument. To offer this perspective, IHS will invite Local History Partners to serve on review panels. Click here for more information about the Local History Partners program.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Fit with funding priorities
- Need and case for support
- Institutional readiness
- Project design and implementation
- Project budget
- Intended results, evaluation and sustainability
- General inquiries: Tamara Hemmerlein, (317) 234-0170 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Workshop and training inquiries: Jamie Simek, (317) 234-9514 or email@example.com
- Online grant portal inquiries: Curt Barsic, (317) 234-7798 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Heritage Support Grants are provided by the Indiana Historical Society and made possible by Lilly Endowment Inc.