Join + Support
Your support of the Indiana Historical Society is a gift to the Hoosier State. You can bolster our commitment to collect, preserve, interpret and share Indiana's history with a gift, your membership or a donation of your time. Here are just a few things you help with:
- There are more than 2 million items in our collection – photos, letters and documents that tell Indiana’s story. We have carefully collected and preserved these treasures for 180 years.
- The William H. Smith Memorial Library at the History Center assists nearly 9,000 people per year, from researchers to people looking into their family histories.
- Every year, more than 25,000 Indiana students participate in our programs, including National History Day in Indiana.
- We support teachers with hands-on programs at the History Center and at their schools and provide the curriculum they need to make history fun and interesting.
- Our local history services team travels more than 24,000 miles per year to support local historical societies and organizations across the state. And our traveling exhibits reach more than 120,000 people per year – we take history to them.
- The Indiana Experience at the History Center – changing the way people learn about history.